I grew up in the woods of the Ozarks in Southern Missouri. A tree lives with roots planted in the earth and limbs lifted toward the heavens. I too am trying to grow deep roots while lifting my hands toward God.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Fog

Is fog a fallen cloud?
Or is it a cloud struggling to break free from this earth
and claim its place in the heavens?

While it is here, neither going up or
going down,
I wonder if it knows what a pain it is to all
of us? Blocking our view, chilling our bones,
starving us of vitamin D, grounding our planes,
making us feel weird (ever seen a scary movie without fog?),
and turning us all into bumper car drivers.

I know it is just some meteorological phenomena
that someone can explain. Who cares?
Fog still has no real good excuse for itself,
it should either give in to the sun or
blow itself away.
What right does it have to hang around like some
vaporous buzzard and depress us all-and right before Christmas?

I declare from this day forward that I want to live in a fog-free zone.
(Try saying that three time fast).

Make up your mind fog....do you want to live down here or up there?
How can you be so weak and indecisive?
C'mon, just pull yourself up, I know you can do it.
That's why we say the fog is "lifting," after all.

By the way, just for my own curiosity, how do you do that?

3 comments:

mark said...

I was obviously foggy headed. It was BC.

Donna G said...

So I have a new name...that name is fog!

I can't believe I am reading yet another blog...but I have enjoyed your writing very much.

mark said...

Hey Skip, It is great to hear from you and also to see from reading your blog that maybe the silver lining is starting to shine a little in Austin. It would be wonderful to visit with you. I miss you guys. Yes, life is hard, but thankfully, Jesus is not...but he is firm.
I am praying for you also.
Mark