I grew up in the woods of the Ozarks in Southern Missouri. A tree lives with roots planted in the earth and limbs lifted toward the heavens. I too am trying to grow deep roots while lifting my hands toward God.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Hello, still here.

Testing, Testing, Anyone out there? Long time no blog. But I have been doing some great reading lately. Here are the titles that have kept me absorbed all summer:

The Suffering of God by Terence Fretheim. This will shake your foundations.

Christ Plays in Ten Thousand Places by Eugene Peterson

Out of the Silent Planet, Perelandra and That Hideous Strength by C.S. Lewis

Jaber Crow by Wendell Berry

A Severe Mercy by Sheldon Vanauken

On deck: Evil and the Justice of God and The Challenge of Jesus by N.T. Wright

Good books are such a blessing. Today I honor Mrs. Pruit and Mrs. Goss, my first and second grade teachers who taught me to read.

See Mark run. Cya later.

2 comments:

Donna G said...

Is that that "ITA" reading?

Nothing better than a good book. I have read Peterson, Lewis and Wright (not those books) but none of the others, I will check them out.

AKH said...

I should read more. Thanks for the inspiration...And welcome back!