I grew up in the woods of the Ozarks in Southern Missouri. A tree lives with roots planted in the earth and limbs lifted toward the heavens. I too am trying to grow deep roots while lifting my hands toward God.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Rider on the Storm

I was on the south end of town when the storm hit yesterday afternoon. It was small as far as storms go, I could see it's edges on both the north and south. But it packed a real punch of wind and hail and rain for a short time. I am always drawn out to storms instead of wanting to run from them. They just seem alive and awesome and full of sound and color and power. I can see why the prophets described God as riding on the storm. What kind of clouds do you think Jesus will return on? I see him surfing in on a wall cloud.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wrote about this today. I thought I saw Jesus' cloud yesterday.

Donna G said...

I don't think the vehicle will be all that important.

I see Jesus in all of the clouds (sounds sappy but it is true, clouds make me feel closer to God)