I grew up in the woods of the Ozarks in Southern Missouri. A tree lives with roots planted in the earth and limbs lifted toward the heavens. I too am trying to grow deep roots while lifting my hands toward God.

Friday, February 03, 2006

Days

Some days come to us like strangers
for no apparent reason,
bringing in with them the
cold and rain
they become for us a season.

Other days we greet like friends
precious guests we've longed to see,
but as the day
turns into hours
they are not as we hoped would be.

Yet some days are so kind to us
they bring all we are longing for,
and when they say goodbye
too soon
we can only pray for more.

So I greet each day as a messenger
of ancient trouble and mercy new,
and in the wisdom of our God
I must live
between the two.

3 comments:

Donna G said...

Hmmm, I like I think

Kate said...

Hmmm... yes.

Jeff said...

Wow--I like it, my friend. It's all too true. . . .