I grew up in the woods of the Ozarks in Southern Missouri. A tree lives with roots planted in the earth and limbs lifted toward the heavens. I too am trying to grow deep roots while lifting my hands toward God.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

I do believe

I believe that Jesus lived for us, died for us, rose for us and is alive right now for us. I believe it with all my heart, more than ever, and He is my only hope. I am alive because He is alive. He has never been anything but good towards me. I will celebrate His victory over death and suffering and sin and despair and failure and disease and lies and hate and resentment and greed and all darkness.
I will celebrate in grief for what it cost Him to redeem me and you. I will celebrate in joy because I know he conquered everything, there is nothing left to fear. I will laugh because His love is as full today as it was on the cross, as it was at creation, as it is in eternity.
Let's dance and sing and pray and cry and reach out our hands and hearts to all because nothing can alter what he finished.

2 comments:

Chris said...

AMEN!!

Donna G said...

Praise God it was finished for us!